Players are reminded of the following points of etiquette:
- When at the head, bear in mind that some bowlers like a clear view of the rink markers. Stand behind the head, inside the rink markers, but not obscuring the central rink number.
- Standing directly behind the jack in white shoes can make the jack difficult to see.
- Players at the mat-end of the rink who are not delivering a bowl should stand at least 1 metre behind the mat.
- Call or shout at your own bowls by all means – but do not ‘call’ your opponents bowls to go through gaps, get ‘wrecked’, or to promote your bowls.
- Do not applaud or cheer an unintended bowl from the opposition which results in an advantage to your team.
- Wishing misfortune on your opponents bowls is unsporting.